Common Mistakes of Structural DEA Firms
1. Missing of necessary documents.
2. Missing of Master Layout of factory premises.
3. Documents of all buildings and sheds in the factory premises.
Mistakes in Architectural and Structural Drawings
1. Not mentioning direction signs in each sheets.
2. Detail dimensions of each floors.
3. Not naming the floor area’s properly.
4. Not showing factory locations in shared buildings.
5. Miss match in cross sections and elevations.
6. Not mentioning roof top sheds in the drawings.
7. Not mentioning cantilever portions in building elevations.
8. Not providing information regarding OHWT.
9. Not showing stair details properly.
10. Not providing information of source drawings.
11. Missing of reinforcement details of structural members.
12. Miss match of structural details with Ferro Scan report.
13. Missing information regarding UGWR, shear wall, Retaining wall etc detailing.
14. Missing of foundation’s detailing and source information.
15. Missing of differential level markings in drawings.
16. Missing of expansion joint details.
17. Missing of roof top shed’s detail.
18. Missing of shed’s joint and bolting detail.
19. Missing of Anchor bolt depth detail.
20. Missing of Purlin and cross bracing details.
21. Missing of shed’s foundation details.
22. Missing of brick wall and lintel details of sheds.
23. Missing of welding details in shed buildings.
24. Missing of Steel stair details.
Mistakes in DEA report
1. Considering Load Combination according to ACCORD/Allience.
2. Considering Load per floor according to ACCORD/Allience.
3. Considering Load per floor according to BNBC in 1st step.
4. Considering Load Combination according to BNBC in 1st step.
5. Wrongly consider NTPA load combination.
6. Wrongly consider NTPA Load per floor in various areas.
7. Not considering EQ load in NTPA combination.
8. Not submitting Soil Test Report.
9. Submitting Soil Test report without enough bore hole.
10. Submitting Soil Test report without bore log.
11. Bearing Capacity consideration from soil test report.
12. Not considering GWT level while calculating BC.
13. Not Considering Soil Type While Calculating BC.
14. Not completing the physical verification of foundation at 3 point by unearth soil.
15. Not conducting foundation adequacy check according to soil condition.
16. Not conduction SWAY Check.
17. Not conduction DRIFT Check.
18. Not conduction Soft Story Check.
19. Not considering Torsional irregularity.
20. Not considering Structural irregularity.
21. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of Foundation Check.
22. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of Core Test.
23. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of Ferro scan report.
24. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of Foundation Check.
25. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of Anchor Bolt depth.
26. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of joint details.
27. Not submitting with proper pictorial evidence of Cross bracing.
28. Not considering crack section properly.
29. Not considering eccentricity value properly.
30. Not considering of ACI 562.
31. Not taken appropriate numbers of core.
32. Brick chips and stone chips conducting ACI 562 jointly.
33. Not considering crack value in calculation of ACI 562.
34. Not submitting ferro scan report.
35. Mismatch in ferro scan report.
36. Not mentioning comment in each test.
37. Not mentioning why failed in NTPA.
38. Not submitting retrofitting drawings while required.
39. Retrofitting methodology explanation if missed.
40. Not maintain live load plan.
Common Mistakes in Electrical SLD & LPS drawing:-
Common Mistakes (SLD)
- Sanction load is less than connected load.
- Sometimes electricity bill is not submitted with SLD drawing.
- Sometimes multiple power source enters in same floor.
- Proper rated PFI is not provided.
- Higher size circuit breaker is provided with respect to load.
- Under size cable provided with respect to load.
- Adequate size of HT switchgear is not provided.
- Sometimes power load and lighting load is connected to same circuit.
- Spare circuit breaker is provided in proposed SLD drawing.
- Sometimes adequate size of earthling cable is not used to the transformer, generator and the circuits.
- Sometimes the load is not equally balanced in three phase.
Common Mistakes (LPS)
- Risk index calculation is not provided.
- Sometimes 3D (isometric view) is not provided.
- Earth pit to earth pit distance chart is not provided.
- Sometimes metal part of the building is not grounded.
- In case of rolling sphere and pitch run, the calculation is not provided.
- Sometimes design of air terminal is not acceptable to install.